The Mediterranean University of Albania is active in the framework of the internationalization strategy. Internationalization is a dynamic process and implies interaction between institutions, bilateral exchanges, etc. Through an already consolidated office, UMSH has set up its own structures that enable the participation of students and academic staff in the Erasmus+ program supported by the European Commission.
Thus, UMSH has established a network of partners with whom it cooperates in increasing the quality of internationalization by signing the "International Credit Mobility" Erasmus+ KA107 agreement. The network of partner universities extends to Portugal, Italy, Poland, Bulgaria, Estonia, Greece, Turkey, Romania, Hungary, Spain, Lithuania, etc.
Some of the Erasmus + partner universities of UMSH are:
- South-West University "Neofit Rilski" - Bullgari
- Tallinn University of Technology - Estoni
- Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences - Greqi
- University of L'Aquila - Itali
- University of Tuscia - Itali
- University of Salerno - Itali
- Lithuania Business University of Applied Sciences - Lituani
- Mykolas Romeris University - Lituani
- Bialystok University of Technology - Poloni
- Jagiellonian University - Poloni
- Kazimierz Wielki University - Poloni
- Rzeszow University - Poloni
- Lomza State University of Applied Sciences - Poloni
- University of Torun - Poloni
- University College of Enterprise and Administration in Lublin WSPA - Poloni
- University of Wroclaw - Poloni
- Polytechnic Institute of Braganca - Portugali
- University Autonoma de Barcelona - Spanjё
- Stefan cel Mare University of Suceava - Rumani
- Cukurova University - Turqi
- Hacettepe University - Turqi
- Giresun University - Turqi
- Sivas University - Turqi
- Bolu Abbant Izzet Baysal University - Turqi
- "Aurel Vlaicu" University of Arad - Rumani
as well as a large number of other European universities with which Erasmus + KA1 exchanges start in the following academic year.
UMSH has signed cooperation agreements and established concrete instruments for their implementation aimed at academic exchange, exchange of scientific materials and joint participation in scientific conferences, joint publications. Some of them are listed below.
- University of Tuscia - Italy
- University of Applied Sciences of Tallinn – Estonia
- Bialzstok University of Technology – Poland
- Polytechnic Institute of Braganca – Portugal
- Cukurova University – Turkey
- Aldo Moro University of Bari – Italy
- Sigmund Freud University of Paris – France
- University of Calabria – Italy
- University of Bologna - Italy
As a result of this work, UMSH and the University of Tuscia, a public university in Italy, starting from the 2022-2023 academic year, will jointly launch the "Marketing and Quality" Master's, which will be developed in both universities where at the end of in which students will receive degrees from both universities. This Master will be developed in English, Albanian and Italian according to the needs of the students.
This cooperation is once again a clear indicator of the scientific research work that is carried out at UMSH as well as a clear indicator of the trust of European partners and universities in what the Mediterranean University is and represents.
The Mediterranean University is also active in the Erasmus+ KA2 component funded by the European Commission in the U-SIA project (Links between the University and Society in Albania: Joint production of knowledge and research that matters. In this context, the European Commission entrusted UMSH to lead a large consortium of Albanian and foreign universities offering UMSH a grant of about 860,000 Euros for the implementation of the project, again a clear indication of the trust and quality of scientific research in UMSH.
The Mediterranean University is also a partner in many other European projects such as Erasmus + KA3 through the project "Active youth for developing societies, the program: "Europe for citizens - EU Remembrance, etc.
Faculty of Economic Sciences
The Faculty of Economic Sciences prepares young economists with fundamental theoretical concepts in economics, finance, accounting, business, law, as well as the essential practical skills required for economists, managers, financiers, bankers, accountants.
Faculty of Law and Human Sciences
The Faculty of Law and Human Sciences prepares individuals for careers as lawyers, political scientists, diplomats, and communication specialists. It provides them with the necessary theoretical foundation and practical knowledge to effectively navigate the challenges of the justice system and international relations within the country.
Faculty of Informatics
The Faculty of Informatics, both physically and virtually, is dedicated to the latest advancements in computer science, systems, and development technologies. In an era of rapid technological progress, the academic curriculum keeps pace with the support of highly qualified faculty members. Teachers and students collaborate on joint projects, pooling their efforts to achieve outstanding results.
Faculty of Medical Sciences
The Faculty of Medical Sciences is an ambitious endeavor of MUA aimed at enhancing the country's medical capabilities. As with every step taken towards achieving excellence, MUA has enlisted the expertise of renowned professors in the relevant fields for the new faculty. By designing programs aligned with the best practices in Europe, MUA ensures the present and future safety of its students.
Some important numbers